nach unten
Book Tel.: Gutscheine Facebook Keine Haustiere


... Full of Historic Tradition and regional rooting

Having evolved over time, our hotel is now runned by  the fifth generation. What was once a little village pub with some guests rooms, developed to a large hotel complex with two guests houses, the park-like garden

 and the awarded  restaurant "Schäferstuben" with different banqueting rooms and a small but nice wellness area. Take a trip back in time with us and learn more about our history of about 150 years.

Historisches Posthotel in der Lüneburger  Heide


The first documentary mention of "Lührnhof" as farmstead in the registry of Celle was in 1438. The present area of the Posthotel with its different buildings involves the ancient farmstead.

Historisches Posthotel in der Lüneburger  Heide


After their wedding, Johann Heinrich and Christine Niemeyer bought a part of the "Lührnhof"-property, on which they built the origin of the Posthotel. (Corner: Hauptstraße)

Hotel in der Region Lüneburger Heide in Niedersachsen


After the family moved in, the restaurant got its concession and a postal agency was established. A few years later the family opened a little shop and built a hall with a bowling alley.

Historisches Posthotel in der Lüneburger  Heide


Shortly before the turn of the century, many artists came into the village (for example Hermann Löns), which boosted the tourism of the region. and gave the family a lot of work. Because of the business success, several modifications were possible, for example the establishment of the second floor.
Historisches Posthotel in der Lüneburger  Heide


After the transference of the restaurant to the son Heinrich and the delivery of the postal agency, more guest rooms were built and the shell of the guesthouse "Sophie Charlotte" was completed.

Historisches Posthotel in der Lüneburger  Heide


Hans-Heinrich Niemeyer (Foto) had fallen in the Second World War. His wife Sophie married his brother Gerhard and they continued the hotel. The Americans occupied the hotel in 1949, because they flew the air bridge between Faßberg and Berlin. In this time, Sophie and Gerhard were employed by the Americans. 


The life of the parents is the book,
in which their children read.

Augustus Aurelius

Historisches Posthotel in der Lüneburger  Heide

1954 - 1971

After the departure of the Americans, the family did more modifications and renovation works: the shop was converted into a dinning room, the restaurant was renovated and the great hall got a modern design (Picture). In 1971 Wolfgang and Marlies Niemeyer took over the hotel.

Historisches Posthotel in der Lüneburger  Heide


All guest rooms were equipped with own bathrooms and soundproof windows and a modern central heating system was installed. In 1977 the great hall with bar, stage and bowling alley was demolished. This gained area was used for an extension of three floors with guest rooms, a banqueting room and the gorgeous courtyard.
Hotel in der Region Lüneburger Heide in Niedersachsen


Purchase of the restaurant "Lührnhof": It was continued as an independent hospitality until 1996. After that it was used as a banqueting room. In the following years, three further properties of the old farmstead were purchased by family Niemeyer.

Historisches Posthotel in der Lüneburger  Heide


To ensure the guests' comfort, we built a wellness area with sauna, solarium and whirlpool. Shortly after that, a great reception hall with a seating area was constructed. The kitchen was equipped with modern kitchen utensils.

Hotel in der Region Lüneburger Heide in Niedersachsen

1996 - heute

Alexander Niemeyer joined the management. Shortly after that the Posthotel became a member of the cooperation "Romantik Hotels & Restaurants AG". In 2005 our wellness area was expanded to 220 m². Afterwards we installed a cogeneration unit and bought the new guest house "Mia Elisabeth". The guest house "Sophie Charlotte" became a modern design and in 2014 we celebrated our 125th company anniversary.


Look back and learn to devide your life in moments,
not in years.

Wilfried Owen (1893-1918)